In Case Of Disability
Get covered with our tailored disability insurance to secure the happiness of your family during future uncertainty that leaves you unable to earn an income.
Key Benefits of Disability Insurance
Our disability insurance plans offer a range of options to choose from, including the Family Compassionate Care Rider.
Fills Coverage Gap
None of us know when an unexpected accident or illness may occur.
Disability protection is the right fit as it is easy, flexible, and customizable.
responses to questions
1. Doesn't the Canadian government provide coverage for disability?
While the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Quebec Pension Plan (QPP) do include disability coverage, there are considerable limitations to the benefits provided by these plans:
• For 2016, the average monthly CPP disability benefit is $933.82 and the maximum monthly amount is $1290.81. This amount is considerably less than what you could receive through one of our disability insurance plans. For example, through The Professional Series® policy, some individuals can qualify for as much as $25,000 per month, depending on their occupation, pre-disability income and other factors.
• To qualify for the CPP disability benefit, you must sustain a severe and prolonged mental or physical disability and be unable to work at any occupation. With a disability insurance plan through us, you may be able to receive benefits under a less stringent definition of disability.
2. Who can apply for disability coverage?
You may apply for disability insurance if you are between the ages of 18- to 65
3. How much does it cost?
Premiums will depend on how much coverage you need, as well as other factors like:
- Your job
- Your age
- Your sex
- Your smoking status
- Your health
- The monthly benefit amount you choose
There’s a variety of solutions to protect your income, even if you have a high-risk job or work part time or from home
4. Can I make changes to my policy after getting it?
It’s quite common to amend a disability insurance policy over the course of your life, since your coverage amount is tied to your job and salary. Plus, you may want to adjust your coverage amount as your needs change. For example, if your salary goes up, your expenses probably will, too—and you’ll want a higher insurance amount to make sure you’d still be able to cover them.
If you increase your coverage, you may need to provide proof of good health. However, you can avoid doing so if you include a future increase option when you purchase your policy. Talk to your representative about it today!
5. How can I decide which disability plan is right for me?
Your representative will analyze your needs, determine the maximum amount of coverage you can get, and recommend the best solution for your situation. You can choose the benefit period you need: anywhere from a few years to a period that will take you through to retirement.
We're here for you.
Anytime you need us.
This may all seem confusing at first but we are here to advise you on the best option available for you and your loved ones.
Call us directly or schedule a call.